A tasty side dish to fish or chicken or just on it’s own. This salad always goes down well at a barbeque. For a winter ‘slaw’ version swap the cucumber for grated red cabbage or celeriac and spice it up with some red chilli.
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley (and stalks) roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh mint leaves roughly chopped
- 10 radishes thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber sliced (use your vegetable peeler)
- 2 large carrots grated (use a course cheese grater)
- 3 spring onions finely sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
In a large serving bowl combine the herbs, raw chopped and grated vegetables, nuts and seeds.
Put the olive oil and lemon juice (or apple cider vinegar) with a little sea salt and black pepper in a empty clean jam jar and shake to combine the dressing.
Toss salad in the dressing, leave for 5-10 minutes to allow the flavours to infuse then serve.