A healthy, easy to digest make-ahead simple breakfast that ticks all the nutrition boxes and is super quick to prepare will keep you going all morning.
This recipe is for 2 servings as it will keep well in the fridge for a few days so if you make up a batch on a Sunday night you’ll have your breakfast covered for the start of your working week.
The variations are endless. You could also make a grain-free ‘paleo’ version by using extra nuts, seeds and coconut flakes instead of the oats.
- 75 g jumbo oats (or gluten-free oats)
- 1 tbsp ground/milled flaxseed
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp desiccated organic coconut or coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp frozen raspberries or blueberries
- 400 ml water or milk/yoghurt or kefir, or a mix of the two, or you could use a dairy-free milk (such as coconut, almond or rice milk)
- Live plain yoghurt to serve
Mix all the dry ingredients and frozen berries together in a bowl.
Pour over the liquid - stir, cover and leave to soak overnight.
In the morning if the mixture is a little thick you may need to add a little more water or milk before serving. Top with a dollop of yoghurt.